EDSFAT holds regular team training sessions on the last Sunday of each month, and also occasional training days. Throughout the year we aim to cover all of the team’s basic requirements, as well as build on previously gained knowledge and lessons learned from the events we cover.
Our training uses a variety of different methods to cater to all styles of learning and abilities in a friendly, inclusive environment.
Each year we run a First Response Course for all members of the team including our support staff. We also regularly run Ofqual approved first aid training courses for all First Aiders and Medical Staff.
Alongside that, throughout the year we also cover:
- Basic Life Support
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Use of Medical Gases (Oxygen and Entonox)
- Use of Emergency and Over the Counter medications
- Safer moving and handling
- Patient movement and stretcher handling
- Safeguarding (Scouting Yellow Card)
- Familiarisation and use of team vehicles
- Use of EDSFAT radios
- Event planning